Tax Investigation Service is a protection service that covers you and your business for any professional representation costs in the event that you are subject to an HMRC tax investigation. It protects you against additional accountancy fees which are incurred in dealing with the enquiry which can easily escalate as our clients generally want us, as their accountant, to liaise with HMRC on their behalf.
Many firms offer this service as an extra cost however, through our alliance with Croner Taxwise, we at Hall & Co now benefit from Full Practice Cover which means all of our clients are automatically covered. This means that should HMRC open an enquiry into your tax affairs, we can not only deal with the matter on your behalf, the extra accountancy costs incurred (up to £100,000) will be covered by the service. You are therefore fully covered for: -
- Income Tax and/or Corporation Tax Self-Assessment
- PAYE, National Insurance, Construction Industry, IR35
- National Minimum Wage or Gift Aid legislation and regulations
You are also covered for any consequent dispute with HMRC after the issue of an assessment, computation of liabilities, written decision, notice of VAT civil penalty or notice of underpayment of the National Minimum Wage; and any claim in respect of
- Inheritance Tax enquiries
- Child Tax Credit enquiries
- a compliance check carried out under HMRC Code of Practice 8 (provided fraud is disproved)
Please get in touch for further information.